ISVRI 2011 has finished successfully.
Best Paper Award:
- Interactive Generation of Virtual Environments Using MUAVs
Sven Strothoff, Dirk Feldmann, Frank Steinicke,Tom Vierjahn, Sina Mostafawy
Honorable Mention Award:
- RePro3D: Full-parallax 3D Display with Haptic Feedback using Retro-reflective Projection Technology
Takumi Yoshida, Keitaro Shimizu, Tadatoshi Kurogi, Sho Kamuro, Kouta Minamizawa, Hideaki Nii, Susumu Tachi
Best Technical Note Award:
- Super Thin 3D Form Display for Multimodal User Experiences using Vertically Deformation of Leaf Spring and SMA
Yusuke Nakagawa, Shogo Yonekura, Yoichiro Kawaguchi
Best Poster Award:
- Pseudo-Haptic Feedback Augmented with Visual and Tactile Vibrations
Taku Hachisu, Gabriel Cirio, Maud Marchal, Anatole Lecuyer, Hiroyuki Kajimoto
International Symposium on VR innovation 2011
19 – 20 March, 2011
SUNTEC Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Center, Singapore
International Symposium on VR innovation 2011 is the first international symposium focused on really innovative (exciting, stimulating) concepts, systems (hardware/software), or applications of virtual reality, even if they have not reached the stage to conduct well-defined user studies. If either of innovative concept, hardware, software, or application is described in the paper, this symposium will be a chance to submit and to have a presentation.
This two-day symposium will be held in parallel with IEEE 3D User Interfaces Symposium, and followed immediately by the IEEE Virtual Reality 2011 Conference.
The Symposium themes include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Beyond visual VR
(auditory, haptic, olfactory, gustatory, and other interfaces)
- Industrial VR application
- VR for culture and art
- Edutainment based on VR
- Case studies in Asia
Accepted papers, technical notes, and posters will be included in the unified digital proceedings, in conjunction with IEEE Virtual Reality 2011 and IEEE 3DUI 2011.
For general information about the symposium, please contact the general co-chairs:
- Hyun Seung Yang, (KAIST, Korea)
- Zhigeng Pan, (Zhejiang University., China)
- Yasuyuki Yanagida, (Meijo University., Japan)
Adrian Cheok, (NUS, Singapore)